[ASC-list] Mercury rising: The impact of distant human activity on Antarctica (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 05:37:12 UTC 2013

The latest podcast from Up Close is now available.

"Mercury rising: The impact of distant human activity on Antarctica"

http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/episode/236-mercury-rising-impact-distant-human-activity-antarctica

Atmospheric chemist Dr Robyn Schofield discusses how industrial pollution
makes its way to the pristine Antarctic continent, and explains the
chemistry behind the resulting annual mercury deposition events. Presented
by Dr Shane Huntington.

"We have doubled the amount of mercury in the atmosphere and so that's
significant and we've taken it out of deep deposits and put it into the
atmosphere." -- Dr Robyn Schofield

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
upclose.unimelb.edu.au

Happy listening!

Dyani Lewis, PhD
Associate Producer, Science and Technology
Up Close podcast
email: dlewis at unimelb.edu.au