[ASC-list] Sharing ASC events

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 20 22:47:53 UTC 2013

Hi Susan,

Being a smallish association run almost entirely by a plucky band of volunteers (who all have full-time day jobs), there's only so much the ASC as an association can take on. And before we do take on anything new, we need to be sure that we can fully resource it and deliver it to a shiny, professional standard. It may be that the YourMembership system that we will be rolling out over the rest of 2013 could offer a platform for at least some elements of what you are hoping for below. But Kali would be in a better position to comment on this than I.

It may also be that there are people out there in ASC-List land who could be suitably experienced, skilled and willing to look into this. We are nothing if not an association of multi-talented and high-energy people!

Cheers for now,
Rod

On 20/03/2013, at 10:00 AM, Susan Kirk <skirk at iprimus.com.au> wrote:

> Thanks to Ian for sharing his "Margaret Wertheim at Sydney Uni" and for Kali
> in pointing out how useful some sort of transcription is for ASC events.  I
> was thinking the same thing the other day as I read through some of these
> emails how nice it would be to share in some of these great events being put
> on across Aus.  How can we gain access? Could the ASC fund a webinar for
> some of these events?  Something along the lines AusSMC?

> On 19/03/13 1:38 PM, "asc-list-request at lists.asc.asn.au"
> <asc-list-request at lists.asc.asn.au> wrote:

Dr Rod Lamberts
National President
Australian Science Communicators
http://www.asc.asn.au/

Deputy Director
Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)
http://cpas.anu.edu.au

M: 0412 631 016
T: @rodl