[ASC-list] FW: Sharing ASC events

Susan Kirk skirk at iprimus.com.au
Wed Mar 20 23:35:34 UTC 2013

Hi, Rod Jess thanks for replying.

I wasn¹t really thinking about a shiny professional standard.  I guess I was
thinking an ASC member with a video recorder.  And what is this
YourMembership system?   I¹m really getting disappointed with this
association or rather frustrated!  It seems to operate in a vacuum.

Jess what do you mean?

On 21/03/13 9:11 AM, "Jess Tyler" <jessyorta at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about looking into other places that are already doing this and making the
> connection? No use reinventing the wheel....
>
> Jess Tyler
> SciBiz Communications
>
> Business-
> Communications-
> Strategy.
>
> M : 0408 298 292
> E: jess at scibizcomms.com.au
>
> On 21/03/2013, at 9:47 AM, Lamberts Rod <rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi Susan,
>>
>> Being a smallish association run almost entirely by a plucky band of
>> volunteers (who all have full-time day jobs), there's only so much the ASC as
>> an association can take on. And before we do take on anything new, we need to
>> be sure that we can fully resource it and deliver it to a shiny, professional
>> standard. It may be that the YourMembership system that we will be rolling
>> out over the rest of 2013 could offer a platform for at least some elements
>> of what you are hoping for below. But Kali would be in a better position to
>> comment on this than I.
>>
>> It may also be that there are people out there in ASC-List land who could be
>> suitably experienced, skilled and willing to look into this. We are nothing
>> if not an association of multi-talented and high-energy people!
>>
>> Cheers for now,
>> Rod
>>

>> On 20/03/2013, at 10:00 AM, Susan Kirk <skirk at iprimus.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks to Ian for sharing his "Margaret Wertheim at Sydney Uni" and for Kali
>>> in pointing out how useful some sort of transcription is for ASC events.  I
>>> was thinking the same thing the other day as I read through some of these
>>> emails how nice it would be to share in some of these great events being put
>>> on across Aus.  How can we gain access? Could the ASC fund a webinar for
>>> some of these events?  Something along the lines AusSMC?

>>> On 19/03/13 1:38 PM, "asc-list-request at lists.asc.asn.au"
>>> <asc-list-request at lists.asc.asn.au> wrote:

>> Dr Rod Lamberts
>> National President
>> Australian Science Communicators
>> http://www.asc.asn.au/ <http://www.asc.asn.au/>
>>

>> <image002.png>

Susan Kirk   B.comm  freelance Journalist
Member and Queensland Web Editor -  Australian Science Communicators (ASC)
Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA)
& Horticultural Media Association (Qld)  (HMAQ)
tel: +61 7 5478 6761 | mobile: 0423342867 | email: susan at susankirk.com.au
www.susankirk.com.au |  Skype: susanakirk | Tweet: susanakirk

³If you don¹t ask the right questions you won¹t get the right answers.²

------ End of Forwarded Message