[ASC-list] Deep fried Grasshoppers

Rob Morrison rob.morrison at flinders.edu.au
Fri Mar 22 03:16:47 UTC 2013

There was an article about 2-3 years ago in Cosmos. Irritating in that it referred to all the insects and other animals as "bugs" but it dealt with a lot of edible invertebrates.

I have done a TV segment on finding and eating Witchetty Grubs, but I guess that is pretty standard.
I baulked at eating them raw, but a quick roll in some hot ashes transforms them into something like nutty egg white - recommended.

Rob

Dr Rob Morrison
rob.morrison at flinders.edu.au
Phone: (08) 8339 3790