[ASC-list] Enquiry on exhibit: Enlisting art to help communicate science (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 10:00:47 UTC 2013

The latest podcast from Up Close is now available.

"Enquiry on exhibit: Enlisting art to help communicate science"

http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/episode/239-enquiry-exhibit-enlisting-art-help-communicate-science

Science historian and Science Gallery director Dr Michael John Gorman talks
about how we can do better in communicating science to the public. He also
describes how the Science Gallery, based at Trinity College Dublin,
attracts a diverse audience by bringing together art and science*.
Presented by Dr Dyani Lewis.*

"Many innovations happen when you bring an idea or an approach or a method
from one area of knowledge and you actually apply that in a different area.
So it’s becoming more and more important to actually find ways to encourage
that kind of cross pollination." -- Dr Michael John Gorman

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
upclose.unimelb.edu.au

Happy listening!

Dyani Lewis, PhD
Producer, Science and Technology