[ASC-list] WA: EXPERT SPEAKER - Three basic ingredients to your child¹s health
E.Donnelly at curtin.edu.au
Wed Mar 27 03:29:58 UTC 2013
EXPERT SPEAKER - Three basic ingredients to your child’s health
As parents, our child’s health is one of our highest priorities, but in our fast-paced, technology savvy world, computers, video games, mobile phones and the time spent on these can all impact on a child’s health.
There are three basic ingredients mixed with the time spent on these that can potentially affect your child’s health – sleep, exercise and screen-based media.
Professor Tim Olds, from the University of South Australia, will present a public lecture addressing these three elements of health-related behaviour in children.
· How much sleep kids actually need?
· Are kids are sleeping less than they used to?
· What the implications of inadequate sleep and what parents can do about it.
· Are kids really less active than they used to be?
· Can physical activity can improve academic performance?
· How screen time can impact on a child’s health?
· Is there anything that can be done to control screen time?
Date: Tuesday 9 April 2013
Time: 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Location: Curtin University - Lance Twomey Lecture Theatre – Building 408 Room 1019 (next to Angazi Café)
To book: spaces are limited to register email marketing at health.curtin.edu.au<mailto:marketing at health.curtin.edu.au>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list