[ASC-list] Top GeoShot: Australian earth science photography competition - National [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Education at ga.gov.au Education at ga.gov.au
Thu May 9 01:44:16 UTC 2013

Dear ASC members,
Entries are now open for Geoscience Australia's 2013 Top GeoShot photographic competition.
Geoscience Australia is looking for a collection of photographs that capture the essence of Earth science. The image can be anything from an unusual land formation, a link to our dynamic planet or even your favourite landscape. We are encouraging entrants to be as creative as possible when choosing subject matter as Earth science is all around us and we interact with it every day.
Entries for the 2013 Top GeoShot photo competition close on 23 September.  Details on how to enter Top GeoShot 2013 can be found at http://www.ga.gov.au/education/public-events/top-geoshot-2013.html
Photographs will be judged on their quality, creativity, aesthetics and their fit with the theme "Exposed to the Elements". An Overall Winner, a People's Choice and 11 additional winners will be selected to feature in Geoscience Australia's annual desk calendar.
All entries will be displayed in Geoscience Australia's foyer, with winners receiving a professionally framed enlargement of their image.
For more information, please visit the Top GeoShot webpage or contact the Education and Events Team on 6249 9263.

Regards,

Katy Tomkins
Education and Events Officer  |  Products and Promotion
Corporate Services  |  GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA
Phone:  +61 2 6249 9263    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9999
Email:  Katy.Tomkins at ga.gov.au<mailto:Katy.Tomkins at ga.gov.au>    Web:  www.ga.gov.au<http://www.ga.gov.au/>
Cnr Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive Symonston ACT
GPO Box 378 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia