[ASC-list] Looking for freelance science writers
kovamic at gmail.com
Fri May 17 06:59:02 UTC 2013
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is seeking to expand
its small consulting pool of experienced science writers to develop, draft
and edit a range of editorial content, including articles for the Forests
News blog <http://www.blog.cifor.org/>, publications, donor reports and
other evidenced-based outputs. The writers would be engaged as part-time
consultants and paid either on a daily basis or for set deliverables. The
duration of specific tasks will vary from a day to a month or longer, and
some will require travel. The writers could be based anywhere worldwide.
- Be a passionate communicator who takes pleasure in finding ways to
convey complex research findings to broad audiences;
- Have at least 10 years experience as a science writer and/or editor;
- Have a strong understanding of environmental issues, preferably
related to forests and climate change;
- An advanced degree;
- Fluency in English. Other major languages an asset.
Terms and conditions
- This is a part time consultancy position.
- Work location: anywhere.
- The application deadline is *25 May 2013*.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only
Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information
for three referees and a writing sample to:
*Human Resources Department, CIFOR*
cifor-hr-jobs at cgiar.org
Please indicate the position title and its reference number in the email
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list