[ASC-list] Looking for freelance science writers

Michelle Kovacevic kovamic at gmail.com
Fri May 17 06:59:02 UTC 2013

The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is seeking to expand
its small consulting pool of experienced science writers to develop, draft
and edit a range of editorial content, including articles for the Forests
News blog <http://www.blog.cifor.org/>, publications, donor reports and
other evidenced-based outputs.  The writers would be engaged as part-time
consultants and paid either on a daily basis or for set deliverables. The
duration of specific tasks will vary from a day to a month or longer, and
some will require travel. The writers could be based anywhere worldwide.
Requirements

   - Be a passionate communicator who takes pleasure in finding ways to
   convey complex research findings to broad audiences;
   - Have at least 10 years experience as a science writer and/or editor;
   - Have a strong understanding of environmental issues, preferably
   related to forests and climate change;
   - An advanced degree;
   - Fluency in English. Other major languages an asset.

Terms and conditions

   - This is a part time consultancy position.
   -  Work location: anywhere.

Applications process

   - The application deadline is *25 May 2013*.
   - We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only
   short-listed candidates.

Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information
for three referees and a writing sample to:

*Human Resources Department, CIFOR*
cifor-hr-jobs at cgiar.org

Please indicate the position title and its reference number in the email
subject line.