[ASC-list] Perth: UWA Sci Comm Science and Science Fiction - Friday Seminar

Nancy Longnecker nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
Tue May 28 09:14:42 UTC 2013

Science Fiction, the final frontier... to boldy communicate science where no one has done so before...

The University of Western Australia
Science Communication Seminar Series

This Friday the literary Tess Williams will take us on a journey to explore the relationship of science and science fiction.

Science and Science Fiction

What is the relationship of science to science fiction? Why do we tell stories about science and how do we tell them? From Brave New World to Star Trek and beyond, our science fiction  narratives reflect history, cultural dreams and anxieties and shape our social directions. If science shapes the future, science fiction imagines the directions and possibilities.

Semester 1 – 2013, Fridays 4 - 5pm
at the UWA Centre for Learning and Technology, basement of Physics building. Enter via ramp between Physics and Geology.
<http://blogspot.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=13668cc7a87872d08c05184a5&id=77834143a1&e=d9af47ed8c>

Join us for this final seminar of Semester 1, 2013.

Followed by drinks and nibbles.

All welcome!