[ASC-list] Science, or Persuasion? (was: [ASC-media] New research project to produce salinity tolerant crops)

Tamzin Byrne tamzin at scienceinpublic.com.au
Thu Nov 14 02:43:08 UTC 2013

A note from Amanda about her release (she's unable to post to the list, for some reason).

Hi All,
Thanks for your comments. This is the first time I have shared anything using the ASC lists, so, as with all of us, I continue to learn!!

In relation to writing style, my comment is that there is often lots of input into a media release and this is the case here too as we have a number or partners working on this project.

Also, in response to Nancy's comment, thank you, yes this was sent out to the ASC media list for which the ASC page http://www.asc.asn.au/mailing-lists/ states is for media releases and self-promotion (in other words...I thought that I was allowed to do that ??). It wasn't sent out to the general list.

And lastly, the project is a non-GM one, which is why there is no mention of GM in the release.

Cheers
Amanda Hudswell