[ASC-list] A couple of things on conferences and paying

Mobile Science Education info at mobilescienceeducation.com.au
Sat Nov 16 22:29:32 UTC 2013

Both of the Global Atheist Conventions held in Melbourne were significantly
larger, very well organised, had no government or industry support and cost
less than half of the ASC conference.

How did they do this? By having a large pool of paying convention goers to
draw upon.

This is the point that I have made repeatedly but no one is addressing. I am
not against having a conference - I am against having one now with such a
small organisation when the time, money and effort could be used to better
support the state chapters and grow the base.  Once the support base is
there (members) the conference monetary costs will come down thanks to
simple economies of scale, and the time and effort will be shared between
the larger number of staff that a larger member base can support.

Lee Harrison
Mobile Science Education

0430 588 757 or (08) 8395 9586
info at mobilescienceeducation.com.au