[ASC-list] FW: Job Opportunity - Victorian-based Science Communicator to assist with new Australian CrowdFunding enterprise - MyCrowdMedical.com (under construction)

Ian Dixon ian.dixon at okedro.com
Thu Nov 21 04:26:20 UTC 2013

Dear ASC-List

Hello.

Okedro is a small private (and low-profile) Australian (Melbourne-based)
biotechnology company owned and run by Dr Herbert Treutlein, Dr Jun Zeng and
Ian Dixon (me).

Our mission is to bring new and needed medical treatments into use through
innovative projects, and to reduce the burden of achieving health and
well-being for many.

Each of us has been involved in successful projects in this field in the
past, and our aim is to engage with crowdfunding to progress more projects
over the next years - and to become an international leader in crowdfunding
for innovative and needed medical projects that enjoy international
community support. We see crowdfunding as a new paradigm in biotechnology -
in project suggestion and project funding support.

We have a number of in-house projects that are underway right now, and
expect to add to the pipeline over time.

Right now we are in the process of establishing MyCrowdMedical
(www.mycrowdmedical.com - under construction) as a portal to engage with
crowdfunding for our medical technology (small molecule drug development,
medical devices, diagnostics, cell therapies etc.) projects and to engage
with an international community that will share our mission.

It has become obvious that we need a professional and dedicated science
communicator to add to the Okedro team - to help us build and craft our
stories, generate exciting content, engage with our community and attract
attention.

The ideal person will :-

.         Be located in Melbourne

.         Have a solid understanding of medical sciences, diseases and
afflictions

.         Be able to translate our passion and endeavour into engaging
content

.         Build and maintain engagement across a wide range of media

.         Build our MyCrowdMedical community

Initially this will be a paid consulting assignment. There is the potential
for full-time employment. This is an immediate requirement.

Consulting firms in this field are also welcome to engage with us.

Perhaps you can tell us why you can be the right person to make Okedro and
MyCrowdMedical  a leader in this exciting and emerging field ?

Regards

Ian Dixon

Founder

ian.dixon at okedro.com

Okedro Pty Ltd

new dimension medicines

ACN 152 665 480

P.O. Box 312 Blackburn 3130 Victoria Australia

Ph (03) 9894 4555  FAX (03) 9894 8799

International +613 9894 4555

www.okedro.com <http://www.okedro.com/>