[ASC-list] SCU Science, Engineering & Environment Conference, Lismore - All welcome, attendance is free

Victoria Martin Vicki.Martin at scu.edu.au
Tue Oct 8 22:48:29 UTC 2013

Dear All,

I am forwarding this invitation from our school for anyone interested in attending.  This free conference is being held on the Lismore campus on Tuesday 22 and Wednesday 23 October. So if you're in the Northern Rivers region (far northern NSW) or nearby, we'd love to see you at our conference!

Southern Cross University is proud to host the 2nd Annual Conference of Research in Science, Engineering & the Environment.  This Regional conference is a student-driven, community-funded initiative to showcase our University's world-class research and provide an opportunity to develop relationships to promote our region's sustainable development.

2013 RISE: Research in Science, Engineering and the Environment
Exploring boundaries, finding solutions

Tuesday 22 and Wednesday 23 October
Southern Cross University,
Lismore campus Lecture Theatre U2.31
Registrations from 8.30am on Tuesday.
Presentations from 9am until late afternoon daily.

Dinner:
Tuesday 22 October 6.30pm at the Terrace Bar (Richmond Hotel), 36 Woodlark St, Lismore. Pay on the night.

RISE brings together new researchers from disciplines in the School of Environment, Science and Engineering and the University's Special Research
Centres Southern Cross GeoScience and Southern Cross Plant Science, to showcase the diversity of research being undertaken by PhD candidates, Masters
students and the University's senior academics and researchers. The conference encourages relationships between industry, government and the University. We invite you to take the opportunity to develop networks in your area of research.

Guest speaker Dr Timothy Payne from the Institute for Environmental Research at ANSTO is the leader of the Contaminant Science Group, currently investigating the mobility of radioactive elements at the Maralinga bomb test sites and the Little Forest nuclear waste repository.

For program details and other presenters please visit scu.edu.au/rise
There are NO conference registration fees.
Please RSVP by Friday 18 October for the dinner and conference.
E. tiago.freire at scu.edu.au M. 0432 564 182
We look forward to seeing you and please share this invitation within your networks.