[ASC-list] Proofreading your own writing

Rob Morrison rob.morrison at flinders.edu.au
Mon Oct 14 23:58:05 UTC 2013

It is a very good collection of tips, and perhaps worth gathering all together as a brief article in SCOPE.  Someone already mentioned it, but the most effective for me is changing style and size of font. The eye/mind gets used to seeing similar displays and skates over them (remember that optical illusion of PARIS IN THE THE SPRING). Make them unfamiliar (ditto changing room etc) and it treats them as new, locking on to faults.

Dr Rob Morrison
rob.morrison at flinders.edu.au
Phone: (08) 8339 3790