[ASC-list] ASC2014 Session Producers (and Presenters) hard at work for Thursday

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Tue Oct 22 06:57:26 UTC 2013

Dear ASC-List Intending Session Producers and Presenters,

Thank you for your enthusiastic and expert involvement in our upcoming
conference.

Wow.

I am already conflicted about the sessions I am going to miss due to all
the excellent concurrent sessions planned.

I suspect this is a not uncommon (and not entirely unwelcome) complaint and
shows how much great stuff we have going on as a discipline around
Australia.

If anybody would like to support us by sponsoring filming or podcasting of
the sessions to reduce the pain of missing out then we would *love* to hear
from you!

A quick reminder that final sessions, abstracts and confirmed speaker
biographies and photos are due on Thursday.

All of these get compiled into a conference handbook and on the web.
Conference proceedings are being treated separately and I believe you will
hear from our Editor shortly about those.

**NOTE: We made a mistake this time and forgot to ask you to prepare your
promotional *session blurb* along with your session plans. The blurb is
what sells your event to delegates and tells them whether or not it is
suitable for them to attend. **

To see examples of session blurbs in previous conferences feel free to
email me for a copy of a program handbook from our 2007, 2010 or 2012
conferences to whet your appetite for crafting your own.

Our program committee has spoken to many of you but perhaps not *all* of
you, so if you have any concerns about the deadline this Thursday, or about
re-working your session to fit in to a reduced time slot please let us know
so that we can work with you for the best result possible.

Email program.committee at asc.asn.au with any program planning concerns,
comments or questions.

Looking forward to a fabulous 20th anniversary ASC event in February that
showcases the best of science communication today... and that means you
guys!

Many thanks,

Kali
--