[ASC-list] papers for peer review for ASC Brisbane 2014 Conference Proceedings due 31 October

Nancy Longnecker nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 25 03:02:55 UTC 2013

Do you want a full paper of your work to appear in the conference proceedings? If so, read on.

Sincere apologies as I thought this email went out on 18 October (even if it had gone then it would have been late). Apparently the ghost of emails past spirited it away.

Given the tight deadlines, let me know if you want to submit a paper for peer review but cannot get it to me by 31 October. You will need to get the guidelines from me or the ASC website and submit your manuscript directly to me.

As many of you know, we have had a great response for the upcoming conference. The program is looking fantastic and the conference will be a great opportunity to connect with colleagues and friends in Brisbane in February.

DEADLINES FOR PAPERS:
31 October 2013     Full paper due (for peer review)

1 December 2013    Full papers (revised peer reviewed papers and other non-reviewed papers)

Note that full paper submissions are to be received ‘print ready’ by 1 December 2013. We have neither budget nor capacity to edit papers and so authors must adhere strictly to the guidelines.

PAPERS FOR PEER REVIEW DUE 31 OCTOBER
If you have been accepted as a presenter at the conference and are interested in submitting a paper for peer review for the conference proceedings, we will accept your submission of papers for peer review.

As you may know, this is the first time that ASC has provided the opportunity of peer review for its conference papers. We are on a steep learning curve and welcome feedback that will improve the process.

Acknowledging the tight deadline, if you intend to submit a paper to be peer reviewed, contact me or see conference website for the paper guidelines. Prepare your paper, adhering strictly to the guidelines in the attached document.

Aim for 5000- 6000 words. Because of the online publication, we have flexibility on length but brevity is good!

Submit your manuscript directly to me as a word or rtf document. As editor of the proceedings, I will coordinate the review process and will provide you with reviewer feedback as soon as possible.

Thank you for playing a part in this step forward in ASC's history.

NB: Papers accepted for the 2014 ASC conference will be published in a conference proceedings on the ASC website. Papers that go through peer review will be clearly labelled and so will count as an E1 publication using the HERDC guidelines. Abstract only and non-refereed papers count as E2 publications.

Kind regards, Nancy

Professor Nancy Longnecker
Editor, ASC 2014Conference proceedings

Science Communication
School of Animal Biology, M092
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley, WA   6009

ph: 61 8 6488 3926
nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au<mailto:nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au>

www.animals.uwa.edu.au/research/science-communication
www.facebook.com/pages/UWA-Science-Communication/139535189461853
skype: nancylongnecker

“Science is part of the reality of living; it is the what, the how, and the why of everything in our experience.” Rachel Carson, 1952.

CRICOS Provider No. 00126G