[ASC-list] WA event: "Networking: tips from the experts" on 11 September, 5.30pm

Wiebke Ebeling Wiebke.Ebeling at curtin.edu.au
Fri Sep 6 01:38:09 UTC 2013

Dear ASC members

We will be hosting the event "Networking: tips from the experts" this coming Wednesday, 11 September, from 5.30pm at Rosie O'Grady's in Northbridge (upstairs).

We all know the value of successful networking. To help us improve this important skill, we've enlisted the help of ace networkers, the Chief Scientist of Western Australia, Professor Lyn Beazley, and Director of Science Partnerships at Scitech, Dr Simon Carroll. Come along to enjoy a drink and nibbles and gain some useful tips about how to expand your network and build good professional.

This event is free for ASC members, but please forward this email to non-members who you think could be interested. It's only $5 for non-members to attend. Please register through Eventbrite so we can better plan the catering of nibbles:
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/event/8052514287/?ref=enivtefor001&invite=NDExNzUwNS9XaWVia2UuRWJlbGluZ0BjdXJ0aW4uZWR1LmF1LzA%3D&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=inviteformal001&utm_term=eventpage

Hope to see many of you there! And please bring your business cards :)

Best regards from your ASC-WA Committee

(Apologies to our WA members for cross-posting)

--

Dr Wiebke Ebeling

Education & Outreach | ARC Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO)

Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy | Technology Park | Curtin University | Perth WA Australia

E: wiebke.ebeling at curtin.edu.au<mailto:wiebke.ebeling at curtin.edu.au> | T: +61 8 9266 9174 | F: +61 8 9266 9246 | M: 0423 933 444

www.caastro.org<http://www.caastro.org/> | www.caastro.org/facebook<http://www.caastro.org/facebook> | www.caastro.org/twitter<http://www.caastro.org/twitter> | www.caastro.org/youtube<http://www.caastro.org/youtube>