[ASC-list] Sydney event 8 October

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Mon Sep 23 02:47:46 UTC 2013

Is Digital Technology bringing out the best in us?<http://www.eventbrite.com.au/event/8204747621>
Australian Museum Science Festival
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM (EST)
Sydney, NSW

We can all see the benefits of digital technology in the world around us.  But - is it bringing out the best in us?  Join Baroness Professor Susan Greenfield, Oxford University, along with Dr Neil Levy, Head of Neuroethics at the Florey Neuroscience Institute, to discuss just what effect digital technology is having on human minds, and whether it is all for the betterment of society.  In this discussion, there will be different perspectives on the effects of digital technology on us, our kids, and our lifestyle.