[ASC-list] [WA] Dodgy dance floors and friendly fats: FameLab in Freo

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Mon Apr 7 02:46:14 UTC 2014

Dear ASCers,

We've just landed in Perth for FameLab Western Australia - the next state final of this competition for early career researchers.

Tomorrow night at the Maritime Museum down in Freo, we'll ask:

Can dodgy dance floors break ballerinas?

Are fats friends or foe?

How do we design the tools we will need to explore other planets?

Please join us for a drink and hear these passionate WA scientists talking about their research in plain English. No jargon, no lab coats... and they've only got three minutes.

Where: The Western Australian Maritime Museum, Victoria Quay, Fremantle, WA.

When: tomorrow night, Tuesday 8 April 6-8pm

RSVP: www.famelabwa.eventbrite.com.au<http://www.famelabwa.eventbrite.com.au>  Places are limited. Drinks and canapés will be provided.

And we'll be back in Perth for the National Final - at the WA Museum from Monday 12 May to Thursday 15 May. Stay tuned for more details...

FameLab Australia is presented by the British Council, The Cheltenham Science Festival, and Fresh Science. The WA State Heat is hosted by the Maritime Museum.

________
Niall Byrne
Creative Director
Science in Public