[ASC-list] ScomBomb comes early this Thursday (yessss!)

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Mon Apr 7 23:05:12 UTC 2014

Howdy folks,

Because we have had such a boring time not doing ScomBomb these last 2 weeks, our next instalment will start early. And this Thursday April 10!

Instead of our usual start time, David Ritter (CEO of Greenpeace Aus-Pacific) - who has now recovered from his malariodengburculosis - will be joining us for a chinwag from 12:30 to 1:00 pm.

How good’s that? You can grab a sandwich and then enjoy the sciencey-communicationy-environmentally enhanced mirth that is ScomBomb!

Cheers,

Rodneyrick and Billhelm
ScomBomBasts

***The Spiel***
Greenpeace…

Greenpeace…

Greenpeace, Greenpeace Greenpeace…

Got your attention?

So what are you feeling? Happy or sad? Glad or mad? Chances are the one thing you’re not feeling is ambivalent.

Greenpeace does that to people. It provokes a response –  often a very strong one. On ScomBomb this week, we’re having a chinwag with David Ritter, CEO of Greenpeace Australia-Pacific. David has often said that Greenpeace is a pro-science and science-communication focussed organisation and we want to dig into that a bit.

More importantly, we’ll find out if he wears rainbow leggings under his suits and how long ago he hacked off his dreads.

Dr RG Lamberts

Deputy Director
Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)

Office G10
Physics Link Building (#38a)
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200

P: +61 2 6125 0747
F: +61 2 6125 8991