[ASC-list] Communications Coordinator Victorian AIDS Council
ian at imthinking.com.au
Wed Apr 9 14:46:47 UTC 2014
Reposting this job as may be of interest to list - please contact VAC direct, I am unable to advise.
Communications Coordinator Victorian AIDS Council
Permanent, full time
Communications Coordinator – Design, build & deliver!
• Media experience
• Social media guru
• Best practice communicator
As a highly respected organisation within the Community HIV/AIDS sector, an exceptional opportunity awaits for a commercially experienced communications professional to hone, deliver and implement a comprehensive communications strategy across Victorian AIDS Council/Gay Men’s Health Centre.
Working across all the programs of VAC/GMHC this role provides an experienced practitioner with the opportunity to streamline internal communications and increase public awareness about VAC/GMHC.
Reporting to the Director of Health Promotion, Policy and Communications, the Communications Coordinator is a key creative role that will drive the organisation’s media, public relations, digital, social media and online activities.
Key role responsibilities:
• Implementation of the VAC/GMHC communications strategy
• Research, write and edit a variety of communications materials including media releases
• advertisements, brochures and web content
• Maintain and develop relationships with journalists/media/ funding bodies
• Identify and proactively coordinate media and PR opportunities
• A communications professional with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience
• Tertiary qualified in media, PR, communications and journalism or other relevant qualification
• Demonstrated ability to devise and implement communications strategies across multi-disciplinary organisations
• Written and verbal communications skills that are second to none
• Experienced networker with a variety of media network contacts
• Demonstrated ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
• Motivated and energetic individual who enjoys working collaboratively and building relationships at all levels
• A high level of expertise with regard to the role social media plays in effective communications
The complete Job Description can be downloaded here
Send your resume, an outline of how you fit the key selection criteria and a cover letter to Johann Ruth at recruitment at vicaids.asn.au
Applications close at 5.00pm on 14 April 2014 Please note to apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia. Offers of employment will be subject to both Police and Working with Children Checks.
More information about the ASC-list