[ASC-list] QLD EVENT: A Global League of Asteroid Hunters: Are we smarter than Dinosaurs?

Chris Forbes-EWan forbes-ewan at tassie.net.au
Thu Apr 10 10:34:16 UTC 2014

I have a couple of problems with the following message.

First, until I read this message, the KT boundary was invariably estimated
to be ~65 million years ago. Why has it suddenly become 66 million years?

Second, if we haven't discovered all the large (> 1 km diameter) asteroids
in near-Earth orbit, how do we know that we have found 95 percent of them?

Chris Forbes-Ewan