[ASC-list] RiAus Internship opportunity
LBailey at riaus.org.au
Mon Apr 14 05:57:16 UTC 2014
RiAus is keen to support development of new science communicators. RiAus internships provide an opportunity to gain experience at one of Australia's leading science communication organisations, and the chance to work on a real project in science communication.
Internships are available for a period of 1-6 weeks, negotiable and dependent on the project offered.
Internships are available to:
* post-graduate and undergraduate science communication, science, journalism or marketing students.
* Students currently enrolled (or within 12 months of graduation) at an Australian university
* Students which have completed at least one year of a full-time undergraduate course
Gain experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Public science programming including event design and management
* Audio and video production
* Working with educators and young people
* Producing content for the web
Internships are unpaid but a meal and travel allowance of $250 per week is offered.
Make sure you are subscribed to our e-newsletter<http://bit.ly/RiAusNews> to be updated as new internships become available.
Digital communications and social media internship
Duration: 6 weeks
To commence: early June 2014
Apply by: Thursday 24 April 2014
This project is an opportunity for someone with some familiarity with social media channels to develop skills and experience in
* Creating science communication content for social media platforms including facebook, twitter and instagram
* Working with a wordpress CMS
* Working with email client mailchimp
* Working as part of a team to deliver a national science communication program
To apply, please provide a maximum 2 page CV with a one page cover letter to apply at riaus.org.au<mailto:apply at riaus.org.au> with the subject heading INTERNSHIP.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list