[ASC-list] ACT: April ASC Networking Night - behind the scenes of the Questacon Technology and Learning Centre

Ian McDonald ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 10:45:37 UTC 2014

Our next networking night is soon upon us and we are EXCITED!!!

Questacon SCREAMS science communication (particularly when little kids are
around) and they have kindly offered up their brand spanking new Technology
and Learning Centre for one night only - especially for ASC members.

So please join us on Wednesday the 30th of April from 530pm at 60 Denison
St, Deakin (NOTE: The Questacon next to The Mint not the one in
Parliamentary triangle).

Interested? please RSVP here -
http://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/asc-act-branch-april-networking-night-at-qtlc
-tickets-11289367803

It is FREE for members and $5 for non-members to cover food and drinks.

The tour of the venue will start from about 545pm with Anna Paull, Education
Coordinator at the QTLC, who has kindly offered to take us behind the scenes
of the facility and give an introduction to the suite of interactive and
challenging workshops for secondary students that are delivered from the
fully equipped Maker Space.

After the tour feel to go for a little wander of the venue and have a drink
or two but unfortunately we do need to vacate the building by 7pm.

More information can be found at our website link:
http://www.asc.asn.au/blog/2014/04/14/act-april-asc-networking-night/

SAVE THE DATES (or month) FOR UPCOMING ACT BRANCH EVENTS

*         May 22: ANU Science Communication students meet and mingle with
ASC members

*         Mid June: How to evaluate you science week event?

*         Sometime in July: Networking night at Uni House, ANU

*         End of August: ASC hosts the ACT National Science Week After Party

Sorry we can't be more specific with dates, we'll let you know as soon as we
do.

Thanks from Ian and the fabulous ACT branch committee

Dr Ian McDonald

Science Communication Professional

0439 746 556