[ASC-list] Put your scientists in the spotlight

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Mon Apr 28 01:00:28 UTC 2014

Dear ASCers,

Are you or your researchers ready to speak up for science?

Now more than ever we need to hear stories of science, how science has made an impact and changed our lives. We need to see and hear from passionate researchers who are making a difference.

In my bulletin today I'm focussing on training, prizes and showcasing science: http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/asc/put-scientists-in-spotlight

We're holding training courses in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, and Townsville in the next few weeks. In these one-day workshops, we help participants distil the essence of their science into an interesting story that works for the media, government and stakeholders while remaining true to the science.

See the results of our training at the FameLab National Final, at the Fremantle Maritime Museum at 6 pm on 13 May. You'll also see these dozen early-career researchers talking about their work in the press in the coming weeks and months.

Find out who's representing your state below - the overall winner will represent us at the FameLab International Grand Final in the UK in June.

Our Stories of Australian Science 2014 magazines are winging their way to Japan and Canberra, and will be online later today. You'll see copies around Australia soon.

The Prime Minister's Prizes are open now - they're looking for champions of Australian science like Terry Speed, Andrea Morello, John O'Sullivan and Angela Moles.

The Eurekas are also open and in Western Australia, South Australia and Victoria, the state governments are looking for local science heroes, early-career researchers and science teachers.

Finally - we're hiring at Science in Public. Demand for science communication is growing. Find out more about what we do and what we're looking for at the end of this email.

Read more about all these things in the full bulletin on our website: http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/asc/put-scientists-in-spotlight

Kind regards,
Niall
________