[ASC-list] SCOMBOMB this thursday @ lunchtime again

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Mon Apr 28 04:37:20 UTC 2014

Howdy folks,

Best news ever for all youse who can’t usually sneak into a quiet office to see ScomBomb at 3:00 pm...

We’re gonna do it at 1:00 pm this Thursday instead (yes, we’re pretty chuffed too).

You are *totally* welcome!

Cheers,
Rodneyrick and Billhelm,
ScomBomBasts

***the spiel***
Cancer sux.

There, we said it. It sux and is bad and should be illegal. But so far it isn’t. In fact also apparently cancer isn’t even an ‘it’, it’s actually a ‘they’.

Seriously, WTF cancer!?

If you’re as pissed off about cancer as we are, then gee-willickers do we have a ScomBomb for you. This week we will be talking to Dr Darren Saunders, multiversally-famous cancer researcher and twitter maven from the Garvan Institute.

We will of course be grilling Daz about all the cancer problems in the world and insisting he explains to us why he, personally, hasn’t fixed them yet. We suspect it’s a huge, world-wide conspiracy of cancer researchers working together to become trillionaires from all the free research money that medical researchers get freely for free.

Of course it’s just slightly possible there’s more to it than that…

Dr RG Lamberts

Deputy Director
Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)

Office G10
Physics Link Building (#38a)
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200

P: +61 2 6125 0747
F: +61 2 6125 8991