[ASC-list] Tonight: ACT: April ASC Networking Night - behind the scenes of the Questacon Technology and Learning Centre

Ian M. ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 02:49:12 UTC 2014

Last chance to RSVP if you haven't already done so.
  http://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/asc-act-branch-april-networking-night-at-qtlc-tickets-11289367803
Hope you can make it

From: ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
To: asc-list at lists.asc.asn.au
Subject: ACT: April ASC Networking Night - behind the scenes of the Questacon Technology and Learning Centre
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:45:37 +1000

Our next networking night is soon upon us and we are EXCITED!!! Questacon SCREAMS science communication (particularly when little kids are around) and they have kindly offered up their brand spanking new Technology and Learning Centre for one night only – especially for ASC members. So please join us on Wednesday the 30th of April from 530pm at 60 Denison St, Deakin (NOTE: The Questacon next to The Mint not the one in Parliamentary triangle). Interested? please RSVP here - http://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/asc-act-branch-april-networking-night-at-qtlc-tickets-11289367803 It is FREE for members and $5 for non-members to cover food and drinks. The tour of the venue will start from about 545pm with Anna Paull, Education Coordinator at the QTLC, who has kindly offered to take us behind the scenes of the facility and give an introduction to the suite of interactive and challenging workshops for secondary students that are delivered from the fully equipped Maker Space.  After the tour feel to go for a little wander of the venue and have a drink or two but unfortunately we do need to vacate the building by 7pm. More information can be found at our website link: http://www.asc.asn.au/blog/2014/04/14/act-april-asc-networking-night/ SAVE THE DATES (or month) FOR UPCOMING ACT BRANCH EVENTS ·         May 22: ANU Science Communication students meet and mingle with ASC members·         Mid June: How to evaluate you science week event?·         Sometime in July: Networking night at Uni House, ANU·         End of August: ASC hosts the ACT National Science Week After Party Sorry we can’t be more specific with dates, we’ll let you know as soon as we do. Thanks from Ian and the fabulous ACT branch committee Dr Ian McDonaldScience Communication Professional0439 746 556