[ASC-list] request for examples of where communication is explicitly funded in grants/programs

Claire Harris claireharris.oz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 06:52:11 UTC 2014

Hello ASCers,
I am seeking some examples of where resourcing for communication is
encouraged and supported explicitly (sometimes with extra budget) in
science/innovation/technology programs.

Ideally, I am looking for a few 'black and white' examples (publicly
available), so things like excerpts from funding application guidelines,
contracts awarded etc.

There may be different ways that communication is included, for example: a
proportion of non-communication staff time only as part of deliverables or
flat percentages as 'communication activity loadings' on top of research
grants I vaguely recall 5% being mentioned for ARC grants for example but
that might be wrong/out of date). Or as part of knowledge and adoption
frameworks, reporting requirements, or monitoring and evaluation. And a lot
of things are negotiated into initiatives as they progress...

Anyway, any examples or tidbits to follow up on gratefully received.

Thanks so much,

Claire

Claire Harris

Sydney, Australia