[ASC-list] QLD Event: Transport Innovations with Dr Matthew Burke 20 August

Damian Harris damian.harris at griffith.edu.au
Mon Aug 11 22:41:53 UTC 2014

​
Transport Innovations:
How transport projects and policies are changing our cities and changing
our way of life

Drawing on research conducted at Griffith across cycling, public transport
and road systems this lecture will first look at a range of recent
transport innovations, including the G:Link, and how they are changing the
places we live and in turn our culture. It will then peer into the near
future to look at what might be the next set of innovations, what impacts
they may have on Australian cities, and what it might mean for our way of
life.

Dr Matthew Burke is a Senior Research Fellow and Australian Research
Council Future Fellow at the Urban Research Program at Griffith University.
His research is mainly in how transport systems, land uses and travel
behaviour interact. Matthew's transport research and interests range across
freight, metropolitan planning and transport policy, through to ferry,
light rail and busway systems planning and design, and walking, cycling and
children's travel programs. His Future Fellowship is looking at the impacts
of the new Gold Coast light rail scheme.

Feel free to distribute this invitation to your colleagues and friends.

*When: *Wednesday 20 August, 2014, 5:30 – 6:30pm
*Cost:* Free networking drinks and canapes after event
*Bookings:* Seat reservations required
<http://app.griffith.edu.au/sciencesimpact/rsvp-dr-burke-lecture/>
*Venue:* Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus G42 - 4.23
Free parking will be available upon registration

REGISTER HERE
<http://app.griffith.edu.au/sciencesimpact/free-public-lecture-with-dr-matthew-burke/>
--
*Damian Harris *