[ASC-list] ABC cuts to science programs

Ian M. ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 13 21:36:13 UTC 2014

Was just reading this article and noticed the quote below (taken from http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abc-religion-and-science-coverage-in-doubt-20141212-1263xk.html)

'A group of 30 religious leaders from all faiths wrote to the ABC board earlier this month to protest at job losses in the Religion Department and at cuts to religious programming.'

I know others have posted about cuts to CSIRO etc but maybe it is time we took some action against the cuts towards science related jobs (and in our case, particularly comms).

Suggestions? A petition, a march on Parliament House, a letter from our exec/national council reps?

How are we going to inspire the next generation into science if these cuts keep coming.

I welcome thoughts.

Ian

Dr Ian McDonald
0439 746 556