[ASC-list] 10am tomorrow morning: 2 tickets now available for community storytelling workshop

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Sat Feb 1 09:23:00 UTC 2014

Hi ASC2014ers,

This event has been sold out for quite some time but due to flight time
variations we now have two spaces available again.

Telling stories with images using smart phones and tablets is the first
part of a three part series (http://bit.ly/1fjcfgT) being conducted by
Susan Rooney-Harding throughout the conference, and is also the first event
for the conference.

More details about the workshop below.

If you are keen to join us, send me an email asap. I'll let the list know
once both have gone.

Tickets are still available for Parts 2 &  3 (2 left).

Cheers,

Kali

*Community storytelling series Part 1: Telling stories with images*

using smart phones and tablets

When: Sunday, 2nd February 2014 *[10am-1pm]*

Where: Lab 2, The Edge, State Library of Queensland, South Brisbane

*What you will need to bring*iPhone/Android

*Can you please install the following apps to your devices *

*Apps to install on iPhone*
Phototoaster - $2.99
Colour Effects - free > in-app upgrade to Colour Effects Pro for $0.99

* Apps to install on Android*

*Pudding Camera*

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kth.PuddingCamera&hl=en

*Photo Art - Colour Effects*

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funfactory.photoeditor&hl=en

Please make sure that you have at least *one *of the follow social media
platforms installed and ready to use

Twitter
Instagram
Or
Facebook

What the session will cover

   - The power of images
   - What makes a great image?
   - How to tell a story with an image
   - Basic photography rules (using an iPhone/Android)
   - Some great photography and editing apps
   - Sharing images - Tweeting, Facebook and Instagram
   - What is a hashtag and how do you use them on social media
   - Practical Session

--

Kali Madden

& ASC Conference Director 2010, 2012, 2014

office at asc.asn.au
http://www.asc.asn.au/