[ASC-list] The ASC conference

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Wed Feb 5 23:18:31 UTC 2014

Dear Claire and Kali,

Congratulations on a fantastic ASC conference. It was a real step up from the last conference.

For me what made the difference was that it was a much more outward looking event. You attracted a diverse community of participants and a fantastic mix of speakers with everyone we'd expect to see, plus a whole bunch of new pals from business, venture capital, industry leaders etc.

It gives the ASC a great platform to build on for the next two years. I look forward to hearing more of the committee's plans to build distinct communities of interest with the wider ASC community. I'm keen to help that happen with journalists. I look forward to seeing what other ideas/groups emerge.

Kind regards,

Niall

________

Niall Byrne