[ASC-list] The ASC conference

Merryn McKinnon merryn.mckinnon at anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 6 00:05:47 UTC 2014

Dear ASC-listers,

I too echo congratulations to all involved for a highly worthwhile conference.

Just picking up on the communities of interest part of Niall's email below, there is an Education special interest group which formed late last year. We are small but diverse, and all round good eggs really.

Currently we have agreed to meet via Google Hangout (semi-)regularly and we share ideas, research, best practice and are likely to collaborate in these areas in future. We cover the formal and informal realms of science education, and the many ways in which education "occurs".

If you are working in and/or interested about education within science communication, why not join us? All backgrounds/interests are welcome. Feel free to send me an email and I'll add you in to the group.

Cheers
Merryn

Dr Merryn McKinnon
Research Fellow | Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
The Australian National University | Physics Link Building, Building 38A<http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101345436437266381338.000451f33c9ba2debfdfd&t=h&z=20> | Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
Ph: +61 2 6125 4951 | Fax: +61 2 6125 8991  | Twitter: MezMcK
Cricos Provider# 00120C