[ASC-list] Beyond science communication...

Kaye Hargreaves kh at netspace.net.au
Sat Feb 8 00:47:15 UTC 2014

Glenn, My feeling is we missed the boat in 1988,  bicentenary year. That was the year I was studying Constitutional Law. There was a survey done showing that more than half of the Australian popn. did not even know we had a constitution, let alone what it contained. We need Aust. Law Communicators as well. I don't think I can wait another 100 years.

It's good to have studies and consultations, but after endless rounds of everything re the MDB, they nearly reached a consensus/compromise and Steve Bracks said no, Victoria is not coming to the party - you don't like it, so go call a referendum. I think that at some stage, after exhaustive studies and consultations, the Commonwealth should be able to step in and exercise executive power.

Kaye

"There is much to learn about dogs. There is also much about people to be learned by studying dogs." Clarence Pfaffenberger, 1963

On 08/02/2014, at 8:18 AM, Glenn Conroy <glenn.conroy at invasiveanimals.com> wrote:

> Constitutional reform does become niece essay after a period. Perhaps our time has come in Australia. It took any years more century ago to draft the existing constitution which incorporates culture at time (not recognising native peoples) so I agree a revision is needed by end this century. So etching for my grandson
> Regards
> Glenn
>
> Glenn Conroy
> Communications Manager
> Invasive Animals CRC
> 02-62012890
> www.invasiveanimals.com
> www.feral.org.au
> 0406376648
> glenn. conroy at invasiveanimals.com
>
>> On 8 Feb 2014, at 8:10 am, "Kaye Hargreaves" <kh at netspace.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Glenn, you are up bright and early this morning!
>>
>> Maybe so, but my point is there is no environmental power. This is an anachronism. We can't fit every problem into some head that was intended for another purpose.
>>
>> Kaye
>>
>> "There is much to learn about dogs. There is also much about people to be learned by studying dogs." Clarence Pfaffenberger, 1963
>>
>>> On 08/02/2014, at 7:56 AM, Glenn Conroy <glenn.conroy at invasiveanimals.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Long time since I studied constitutional law but head power interstate trade eg water trading is on point for MDB water environmental legislation
>>> Regards Kaye
>>> Glenn
>>>
>>> Glenn Conroy
>>> Communications Manager