[ASC-list] Aussie science in a cold Chicago, Famelab, travel grants and more
niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Fri Feb 14 03:02:42 UTC 2014
I'm writing from a cold Chicago where, this weekend, I'm holding a dinner for international journalists (and a few policy-makers) to celebrate and showcase Australian science.
We'll have science editors from the Economist, Asahi Shimbun, The Financial Times and many others.
International journalists love stories of Australian science and we will provide! We'll have highlights from 2013 and from our coming edition of Stories of Australian Science. If you have any exciting developments you'd like me to mention on Sunday drop me one bullet point, and a weblink and I'll see if I can fit it in.
Stories of Australian Science is being finalised but we can still take a few late submissions.
Back in Australia:
* Take your research to Europe with an EMBL student travel grant<http://www.emblaustralia.org/students>
* Awards for measurement research<http://www.measurement.gov.au/measurementsystem/Pages/WorldMetrologyDay.aspx>
* Passionate about your science? Nominate for FameLab Australia<http://www.britishcouncil.org.au/famelab>
* Get your work noticed: Stories of Australian Science 2014<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/stories/>
* Media training for scientists: 2014 dates<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/training>
* From yeast to coral reefs: systems biology in Melbourne<http://www.icsb14.com/>
* Science in Public - planning, mentoring, communicating<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/about/our-services>
And you can read the full bulletin on our website: www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/chicago_14feb<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/chicago_14feb>
Science in Public
82 Hudsons Road, (PO Box 2076)
Spotswood VIC 3015
Phone: (03) 9398 1416
Mobile: 0417 131 977
niall at scienceinpublic.com.au<mailto:niall at scienceinpublic.com.au>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list