[ASC-list] CSIRO Publishing: Science writer/content development editor - two positions available now

Malini Devadas Malini.devadas at biotext.com.au
Sun Feb 23 11:08:21 UTC 2014

Hi all
Please contact Kate (details below) for more information. I am just the messenger! Apparently requests for part-time/work from home will be considered.
Malini

Science writer/content development editor - two positions available now

Seeking all science writers, researchers, communicators or educators interested in contributing to CSIRO’s unique education publication program.

Two one year term positions are available.

Working within CSIRO PUBLISHING, the education publication team is responsible for publishing The Helix and Scientriffic magazines and a range of other publications, primarily for youth audiences, under the CSIRO Double Helix brand. These include Science by Email, Maths and Stats by Email and a blog – Helix at CSIRO. The team also oversees the publication of ECOS, CSIRO’s flagship online sustainability and environment magazine.

The roles are responsible for creating, sourcing and commissioning content with a strong CSIRO science outreach focus, managing contributing writers, copyright and content approvals, and is central to the success of the Double Helix publication program. If you have the required skills, experience and interest to research, prepare and finalise high quality, age appropriate and engaging science content for our publications, please consider applying.

Applications close 25 February 2014. More information is attached or can be found here<http://csiro.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.jati&returnToEvent=jobs.home&jobID=02907c70-b265-2d68-c361-77579984229b&audienceTypeCode=EXT&UseAudienceTypeLanguage=1>.

These positions are being advertised externally so please feel free to forward this email on to anyone who may be interested.

If you would like more information please feel free to contact Kate List by email kate.list at csiro.au<mailto:kate.list at csiro.au> or mobile 0427 190 705.

The latest from Biotext
Integrated publishing: Did you know that Biotext has highly qualified inhouse designers? Our team works together to provide seamless writing, editing and design services, which saves you time and money. To see some of our finished products, take a look at our design portfolio<http://www.biotext.com.au/documents/Biotext_profile-Design.pdf>.