[ASC-list] Dropping SCOMBOMBS on politics

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 25 00:20:02 UTC 2014

This week on SCOMBOMB: science goodness meets evil, naughty politics…

Hugs,

Rodneyrick and Billhelm,
SCOMBOMBasts

=====the spiel=====

We all know sciencerfiers are un-fans of playing with the politics.

We all know that science is too pure to debase itself with the volatile alliances, self-interested bleating and backdoor shenanigans that take place in the halls of government.

We all agree with the immortal words of the great Ben Harper: Politics, it’s a drag.

Unfortunately, it’s a necessary drag whenever more than one person wants to claim the same resource.

So what are we virtuous, completely-non-self-interested science types to do when we are unceremoniously dragooned into soiling our hands in the sordid world of the politician?

Well at SCOM BOMB, we call on someone else to do it for us. And when it comes to mixing political grime with scientific purity, we can think of no one better to talk to than Catriona Jackson, CEO of Science and Technology Australia, the Australian peak representative body for science interests in Australia (nationally).

Join us Thursday 27th February at 3pm for a rollicking roll around the halls of science representation.