[ASC-list] passionate young science communicator to be! [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Clare Mullen C.Mullen at bom.gov.au
Wed Feb 26 03:59:12 UTC 2014

Greetings all

Joanna Ward is an honours student based in Melbourne who is looking for work experience in science communication - info below; CV attached.

Please contact Joanna on joannaward48 at gmail.com<mailto:joannaward48 at gmail.com>, mob 0407848308 as appropriate.

Kind Regards
Clare Mullen
Communication Adviser
Bureau of Meteorology

To whom it may concern,

My name is Joanna Ward, and I have just completed my Honours in Science, where I was based at the Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, studying in the experimental cardiology laboratory. Throughout my Honours year, I had to present my thesis to a lay audience, which I absolutely loved. As a result, I am very interested in pursuing a career in Science/Media; writing for a science magazine, or, my absolute dream job would be presenting on a science TV show such as SCOPE, Catalyst or even Totally Wild. I'm very interested in bringing science out of the lab to the general public in lay terms.
I am very interested in gaining further experience in science communications, and developing my skills in this area. Any experience whatsoever would be fantastic, and greatly appreciated! My e-mail is joannaward48 at gmail.com<mailto:joannaward48 at gmail.com>, and my contact number 0407848308. My CV is attached.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Regards,

Joanna