[ASC-list] ASCSA event Monday 3 March Brunswick Hotel

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Wed Feb 26 22:31:14 UTC 2014

ASCSA kicks off 2014 as we mean to continue....down the pub!  Don't forget to book in if you're planning on coming.

ASCSA AGM and Meet the author of Origin of Feces<http://ascsameettheauthor.eventbrite.com.au/>

Monday, 3 March 2014 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (CST)

The Brunswick Hotel 207 Gilbert St Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia

RSVP for this free event at http://ascsameettheauthor.eventbrite.com.au

Australian Science Communicators SA Branch (ASCSA) will host our AGM on Monday 3 March at 6.00pm. The AGM will elect its committee for 2014, and all are invited to attend. Note that you will need to be a current ASC member to have a vote.

Following the AGM we will have a session with guest of the Adelaide Writer's Festival David Waltner-Toews, author of Origin of Feces.

Is poo a problem? Or are we just looking at it the wrong way? With more than 7 billion people living on Earth today, the annual output of human poo is close to 400 billion kilograms a year. That's a lot of waste! But scientist and author David Waltner-Toews sees it as an underused resource. "If half the livestock manure in the world was used to produce energy", he says, "it could replace about 10 percent of current fossil fuels and save billions of dollars."
Join us to meet this extraordinary science communicator and hear his story as a scientist-turned-writer over nibbles and drinks at the Brunswick Hotel.