[ASC-list] Simon Singh in Melbourne - extra talk

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Wed Jan 15 23:38:33 UTC 2014

As you'll have seen from George's note Simon Singh has agreed to do another talk in Melbourne. AMSI have organised a venue and Simon gave it the go-ahead overnight.

So we've got 200 seats to fill by Tuesday. Please spread the word to anyone who you think might be interested.

The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets - a talk by Simon Singh
Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute (AMSI) <http://www.eventbrite.com.au/o/australian-mathematical-sciences-institute-amsi-5898686781?s=21242747>
Tuesday, 21 January 2014 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
Parkville, VIC

http://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/the-simpsons-and-their-mathematical-secrets-a-talk-by-simon-singh-tickets-10179275487?aff=efbnen

Simon Singh, best-selling author of 'Fermat's Last Theorem' and 'The Code Book', will discuss his latest book 'The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets'. He will explain how a team of mathematically gifted writers have covered everything from calculus to geometry, from pi to game theory, and from infinitesimals to infinity in various episodes of The Simpsons. Singh will also discuss how the writers of Futurama have similarly made it their mission to smuggle deep mathematical ideas into the series.

Simon is also available for a small number of high-impact media interviews.

Niall

________

Niall Byrne

Creative Director