[ASC-list] Rejoice, for SCOMBOMB is back... TODAY!

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 23 00:34:18 UTC 2014

January, eh?

What a great time to take stock, remember your roots, and get psyched about the next 330 odd days until you get another proper holiday 0_o.

What a great time to remember to look to the achievements of the past while you plan for the future. In our case, that means talking to one of the stalwarts, the bigwigs, the founding luminaries of Aussie sci-com.

That’s why this week we chat about the last 20 years of SciComm with our own dear leader and the country’s first ever homegrown FULL PROFESSOR of sci comm, Professor Sue Stocklmayer.

Join us and bow-down before the knowledge, the gravitas, and the vaudevillian pageantry that will be the first SCOMBOMB for 2014.

Watch at http://nofunnybusiness.net/2014/01/scom-bomb-where-did-scom-come-from-mummy-and-daddy/ at 3pm today or later!

Cheers,

Billhelm and Rodneyrick
Scombombasts

Dr RG Lamberts

Deputy Director
Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)
A Centre for the National Commission of UNESCO

Office G10
Physics Link Building (#38a)
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200

P: +61 2 6125 0747
F: +61 2 6125 8991