[ASC-list] Prize time; stories needed; charge up your communicators

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Tue Jan 28 06:08:30 UTC 2014

Dear ASC-ers,

Our latest bulletin for science leaders and communicators has a host of ideas for engagement.

Prizes are a powerful platform to create role models and share their stories with the Australian public:

·         Do you know a leading researcher who deserves one of the Prime Minister's Prizes for Science<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prize-time-jan-22#pmprizes>? Nominations will open mid-Feb

·         Outstanding women researchers: applications open in March for the L'Oréal Australia & New Zealand For Women in Science Fellowships<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/loreal/>

·         And we're looking for 60 passionate early-career researchers for FameLab Australia<http://famelab.org.au/> - a new initiative combining our Fresh Science program with the British Council's global program.

Strong stories can drive public and political opinion. Our Stories of Australian Science collection<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/stories/> will highlight the best of 2013. We've also announced dates for our training courses<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/training>, which can help your scientists make the best of their moment in the media spotlight.

And finally - I'm looking forward to heading to Brisbane for the ASC conference. I hope to see you there, as we all get to grips with challenges of communicating science in an arguably more hostile environment.

Read more on all these in our latest bulletin.<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prize-time-jan-22>

Kind regards,

Niall
________