[ASC-list] Registrations now open for Academy Women of Science Wikibomb

Bella Counihan Bella.Counihan at science.org.au
Tue Jul 8 00:05:42 UTC 2014

[cid:6bb1966c.0576.11e4.a345.525400c7d838 at crm.science.org.au]

Registrations now open for Academy Women of Science Wikibomb

Be a part of building a bigger profile for Australian women of science by joining us at the Shine Dome or online for our Women of Science Wikibomb.

For this year's National Science Week, we're asking you to help create or improve Wikipedia pages for Australian female scientists who have a limited presence online.

Many prominent women scientists have scant or no presence on Wikipedia. We want to change that and publicly acknowledge the work of women in science, as well as inspiring the next generation of scientists.

The Wikibomb will be held both online and at an all-day event at the Shine Dome in Canberra on 14 August.

More detail about the event and how you can take part can be found on the registration page here<http://www.science.org.au/node/324884>.

Registrations close 1 August.

You can also follow the project online through our Twitter account @Science_Academy<https://twitter.com/Science_Academy> or by following the hashtag #ozwomensci<https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%23ozwomensci&src=typd>.

Contact: Events | T (02) 6201 9462 | E events at science.org.au<mailto:events at science.org.au>