[ASC-list] The (blurry?) line between communication and knowledge sharing

Jennifer Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Mon Jul 14 19:59:03 UTC 2014

I’ve always thought that ‘knowledge broker’ was just a fancy term for communicator…
It was invented to make communication sound more important and palatable to those who don’t value the role properly…

Science communicators have a variety of roles and knowledge broker or manager is just one of those many roles… an important one, especially when facilitating the sharing of knowledge between scientists and others…

Jenni Metcalfe
PhD Student at University of Nottingham, Sociology Dept, UK, Feb-August, 2014
Universitas 21 exchange from the University of Queensland, Australia
Director, Econnect Communication, www.econnect.com.au<http://www.econnect.com.au/>
Mobile: UK +44 (0) 7473 109 685; or Australia +61 (0) 408 551 866
jenni at econnect.com.au<mailto:jenni at econnect.com.au>