[ASC-list] A social media question I need to crack!

Ian M. ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 01:51:19 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to be notified if someone tags your Facebook page in a status they post on their personal page?

For example if I posted "I really like the Australian Science Communicators (ASC) from my personal page does the ASC know I have tagged them and I am in fact talking about them?

Any social media guns out there that can answer this question?

I have been testing this all morning with my organisations page but am having no luck.

We are deciding whether we start up a campaign telling people to use a hashtag or to tag our page but obviously if we can't tell they have tagged us, that won't work.

It is likely that this isn't even possible, but just seeing if anyone has an answer?

Thanks
Ian