[ASC-list] A social media question I need to crack!

Tamzin Byrne tamzin at scienceinpublic.com.au
Tue Jul 15 05:50:04 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

As I understand it, someone tagging your page in a post to their own timeline doesn’t notify you. I think it’s an anti-spam thing, but I agree, it’s really frustrating.

I thought perhaps you could try a workaround where someone ‘checks in’ to your place (if your page is also a place). But that doesn’t work either!

On some pages (place pages only, I think), the things Facebook will notify you about are listed at your page > settings > notifications.

It seems foolish of Facebook. Surely the power in having a page is in being able to see how people are interacting with you. Notifications and check ins should be a simple thing for them to let us use.

________
Tamzin Byrne
Science Communicator
Science in Public