[ASC-list] New discussion list for postgrads, ECR in science communication

Toss Gascoigne director at tossgascoigne.com.au
Thu Jul 24 03:50:16 UTC 2014

Hi ASC-ers

The PCST Network has started a new discussion list for students and early career researchers of science communication.

As you can see below, Eric Kennedy (Arizona State) and Charlotte Autzen (University of Southern Denmark) are moderating the list.

Please circulate the note to anyone you feel might be interested.

Toss

Join the PCST Network as a member at: www.pcst.co

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Eric Kennedy via Network <network at lists.pcst.co>
> Subject: [PCST] Announcing the PCST Postgrad List - Please join!
> Date: 24 July 2014 3:53:14 am AEST
> To: network at lists.pcst.co
>
> PCST Community,
>

> Prior to the past two PCST meetings, a pre-meeting for postgrads and students has been convened to offer an opportunity for young researchers in science communication to share experiences, ideas, and networks. At the recent meeting in Brazil, participants agreed that starting a specific mailing list for PCST Postgrads was a good idea to create a space to talk, share opportunities, and connect with peers. We’re excited to be able to announce the mailing list today, and would like to invite you to join!
>

> Who’s this mailing list for? From conversations at the Brazil meeting, we hope that especially two groups will find value in joining: (1) students in graduate programs in science communication & related fields (of any age!), and (2) early career researchers and practitioners in science communication (under 35, per the distinction in the scientific committee). We’re also open to the participation of advisors, mentors, teachers and others who want to share opportunities and ideas focused on this group. You don’t have to have attended any of the PCST pre-meetings for Postgrads in order to join the new mailing list.
>

> How do I join? It’s simple! Visit http://lists.pcst.co/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/postgrad and register your details. That’s also the page where you can manage your settings in the future. Most importantly, contribute ideas, opportunities, and other content to the list - that’s what will build a valuable network! Please note that the listserv is not able to handle attachments: a better idea is to send links if you want to share a document.
>

> Who’s moderating? Two initial volunteer moderators will be approving membership’s requests & messages. You can contact them for more information. Eric Kennedy (ericbkennedy at asu.edu) is a PhD student at the Consortium for Science, Policy, and Outcomes at Arizona State whose research focuses on cross-sectoral collaboration and communication. Charlotte Autzen (chau at sam.sdu.dk) is a PhD student at the Department of Marketing and Management at the University of Southern Denmark, focusing on science communication as part of universities public relations, and holds a position as Senior Executive Adviser in Communication at the University of Copenhagen. Over the coming months and years, we hope to give others a chance to serve the community by moderating this list.
>

> Looking forward to seeing you on the list!
>

> Charlotte & Eric
>

> ---
> Eric B. Kennedy
> PhD Student, Arizona State University
> Consortium for Science, Policy & Outcomes

> [...]

************
Toss Gascoigne and Associates
56 Vasey Cres
************