[ASC-list] VICTORIA - Pre National Science Week Mixer: Open Mic Night

George Aranda george.aranda at deakin.edu.au
Fri Jul 25 06:32:26 UTC 2014

National Science Week (http://www.scienceweek.net.au<http://www.scienceweek.net.au/>) will be here soon (August 16-24) and we'd like to celebrate it with an Open Mic Night. Come on down to our Pre National Science Week Mixer and mingle with people who have events as part of National Science Week.

When: Thursday 14th August, 2014, 6:30-9:30pm
Where: Markov, Carlton (350-352 Drummond Street, Carlton, http://www.markov.com.au<http://www.markov.com.au/>)
$$: This event is FREE.
Who: Come on down and please bring any interested people you know

We will be inviting science-minded people from all over Victoria, including Melbourne Skeptics, Inspiring Australia, Young Scientists of Australia, National Science Writers, the Royal Society of Victoria, Nerd Nite Melbourne, Laborastory Melbourne, University Science Societies and more.

Event-holders will be given the opportunity to briefly talk about their shows and we will be giving away door prizes (including free tickets to The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window And Disappeared, out on 21 August) and National Science Week 'goodie-bags' to create a fun networking experience.

Please RSVP via Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/pre-national-science-week-mixer-open-mic-night-tickets-12407277501>

--

Dr George Aranda
Research Fellow - Science Education

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.