[ASC-list] Talk to world's chief science advisors, have your say on the blog & network with sci policy professionals

Michelle Kovacevic kovamic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:03:43 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Hope you're having a great Tuesday morning! We're ramping up social media
efforts for next month's Global Science Advice to Governments conference
<http://www.globalscienceadvice.org/> and I think a few of the below
activities could be interesting to many of you.
1/ Join #SciAdvice14 Twitter chat with Sir Peter Gluckman, NZ science
advisor

We're very excited to announce a Twitter chat with New Zealand's chief
science advisor, Sir Peter Gluckman on Thurs 14 Aug at 10am CET:
bit.ly/1p8CTzr <http://t.co/iQAbtFO605>

He'll be happy to answer questions about the conference, relationships
between scientists and policymakers, science advice during crises or when
the situation is political, what is working in different countries, what
role can young people play, how to build trust and independence, plus much
more!

I really encourage you to take part in the Tweet chat! We'll be accepting
questions in the lead up but most of the action will take place for the
hour that Peter will be talking to us.

Would appreciate if you could spread to your networks - here is a suggested
few posts you could use:

Join #SciAdvice14 <https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SciAdvice14> Twitter
chat with NZ's chief science advisor @PeterGluckman
<https://twitter.com/PeterGluckman/> 14 Aug 10am CET: bit.ly/1p8CTzr
<http://t.co/iQAbtFO605> via @GlobalSciAdvice

Tweet your Q's to NZ's chief science advisor using #SciAdvice14 on 14 Aug:
bit.ly/1p8CTzr via @GlobalSciAdvice

2/ #SciAdvice14 open for your blogposts
<http://www.globalscienceadvice.org/conference-news/sciadvice14-open-for-your-blogposts/>
!

The conference blog <http://www.globalscienceadvice.org/news> (
globalscienceadvice.org/news <http://www.globalscienceadvice.org/news>) is
a space for all voices to be heard. So if you have an idea for a story
related to one of the conference themes
<http://www.globalscienceadvice.org/discussion-themes/> (perhaps you have a
personal story about how science can be used for policy change in a local,
regional or national context) or have a published article you'd like us to
curate and promote, please let me know by emailing kovamic[at]gmail.com. Please
also help us promote the call:

. at GlobalSciAdvice is open for your #SciAdvice14 blogposts! See for
submission details: bit.ly/1yyo1P2 <http://t.co/7PAyM7pg8s>

*3/ Join our google group*

Interested in collaboratively learning how to blog, live tweet or podcast
about science advice? Join our dynamic and interactive virtual network of
professionals from research institutes, science adviser offices and science
ministries, science media centres and academia. The team will be generating
and promoting content (blog stories, videos, podcasts etc) related to the
conference themes <http://www.globalscienceadvice.org/discussion-themes/> ahead
of, during and after the conference.

Cheers,

Michelle

*--*

*Michelle Kovacevic*

Communicator. Educator. Project Manager. Scientist. Creative Thinker.

michellekovacevic.com (beta)

Find me on: LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=66994213> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/kovamic> @kovamic | SlideShare
<https://www.slideshare.net/MichelleKovacevic>