[ASC-list] Writing Clear Science Workshops: Perth, Canberra, Sydney & Melbourne

Marina Hurley info at writingclearscience.com.au
Tue Jun 10 05:16:44 UTC 2014

Writing Clear Science Workshops: Perth, Canberra, Sydney & Melbourne

-Brisbane: Tues. 24th June - Wed. 25th June (Fully Booked)
-Perth: Tues. 22nd July - Wed. 23rd July BOOK ONLINE
<http://www.trybooking.com/71264>
-Canberra: Tues. 19th August - Wed. 20th August BOOK ONLINE
<http://www.trybooking.com/71265>
-Melbourne:  Wed. 24th Sept. – Thurs. 25th Sept. BOOK ONLINE
<http://www.trybooking.com/62621>
-Sydney:  Tues. 27th May - Wed. 28th May BOOK ONLINE
<http://www.trybooking.com/90138>
-Adelaide: March 2015: date to be confirmed
-Rockhampton: October 2014: venue & date to be confirmed

Bookings: www.writingclearscience.com.au; email
info at writngclearscience.com.au to receive up-to-date workshop notifications

*Writing Clear Science* workshops follow a relaxed format of lectures and
interactive writing exercises. We help you overcome your writing obstacles,
improve your writing productivity and enhance your project management
skills. We teach the skills necessary to produce high quality science
projects, reports, articles and theses.

We teach writing through small, interactive workshops. During our *Standard
2 Day Workshops* you have the opportunity to:

   - get your thoughts down on paper,
   - focus on your main message and write concisely,
   - improve your confidence as a writer,
   - develop strategies that help you set and achieve your writing goals,
   - produce clearly structured sentences and paragraphs
   - understand how to write your document according to your audience and
   purpose.

*What it costs:  *$360 per day (G.S.T incl.) minus 10% for early bird
bookings or group (>2) registrations.

*Recent feedback:*

*‘I was very impressed with the approach, the activities and the tools
presented to aid the writing process.’*

*‘The course was well presented by an enthusiastic trainer with an
outstanding knowledge of the topic.’*

*‘I have gained a fresh perspective on my writing - I am re-energized and
want to write.'*

*‘It was highly relevant to the work we do every day with plenty of variety
to maintain our interest. Also a non-threatening approach/environment
allowing all participants to feel comfortable.’*

* 'Wide breadth of writing skills covered with good detail. Excellent
handouts for future reference.' *

*‘This workshop made all the difference, as it allows time to really think
about the writing process, and then practice and solidify those
realisations.’*

I*n-House Writing Workshops*

-           Writing Clear Science also offers In-House Writing Workshops
that can be held in your department, institution or facility. We can offer
a 1-3 day workshop that is tailored to your needs. Rates are charged per
enrolment.

--
Dr Marina Hurley
Lecturer & Consultant